437: Things the world has tried to teach me
This post was written by a dear friend of mine, Samantha Craft. A fellow aspie. You will find this and many other wonderful writings in her blog http://aspergersgirls.wordpress.com. I am saddened that many of us have endured the same as is written in her post. Such an uncomfortable state it is to feel forced to be anything other than your true self just to satisfy those who know almost nothing about themselves. Thank you for our beautiful writings Sam.
Things the world has tried to teach me.
1. I am odd.
2. I am not perfect.
3. I am not normal.
4. I am not enough.
5. I talk too much.
6. I don’t listen well.
7. I over-share.
8. I don’t fit in.
9. I must pretend in order to fit in.
10. I must conform to receive attention.
11. Attention is love.
12. Acceptance is love.
13. Sex is love.
14. Love is conditional.
15. Beauty on the outside is what is important.
16. Aging is to be avoided.
17. People can’t be trusted.
18. I can’t be trusted.
19. I fixate.
20. I obsess.
21. If I search hard enough, I will find a remedy for myself.
22. If I pay enough money, I will find solutions for my pain.
23. Someone who has a title is important.
24. Someone who has money is important.
View original post 135 more words